Friday, February 28, 2014

Pinterest in the Classroom


Pinterest is full of wonders. It a place where imagination and creativity to be shared with others. I have been using Pinterest for a while, and I have learned that organization is the key. I often go back to my boards to re-visit the ideas, and I find it easy to locate the pins because I organized them in categories. It is also important to not pin just for the sake of pinning. I think that there are quite a few options, and that we can get carried away, but we have make sure that these pins are useful to us now and in the future.

Pinterest is a great place for teachers to share and collect ideas. Teachers are constantly looking for fresh new ways to engage students in their learning. As a teacher, I will be able to use great activities that have been proven and tested by teachers in the past. Pinterest boards also include the latest gadgets and tools that teachers need to keep up. Especially with technology being so popular in classrooms, Pinterest offers so many great websites and programs that can be useful for students. The greatest thing about Pinterest is that it is accessible and free to anyone who wants to use it. I think that this a great teacher resource that everyone can use. Teachers already spend their own money on their classroom, but not with Pinterest. I also think that one of the greatest strength is how it is very visual. The pictures capture the user in a glance, which makes it easy for them to pin and organize. One challenging aspect of Pinterest is that it is so interesting and fun to do, it can take up so much time of our day. I have spent hours on Pinterest just pinning new ideas to my boards. It is also challenging when we have all these great ideas but we cannot put them to any good use. It seems like pins can be forgotten on the back burner.

I love Pinterest, and I will continue to use this program for many things. Right now, I rely on it for new recipes. I also love reading interesting articles about early childhood education. We should find time to draw from these ideas, and actually put them to good use.

No comments:

Post a Comment