Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Ohio DL Schools


Among the options that was given, I would choose Ohio Connections Academy for my child's Distant Learning experience. The website seemed really professional, and was able to provide adequate information that parents need to know about their child's education. I like that they are able to meet the state's education standards to ensure that my child is able to learn the same lessons other children may be learning somewhere else. I believe that aligning the standards with Ohio's curriculum will be beneficial for my child to transition to a structured environment in the future. Another great advantage that I like about Ohio Connections Academy is that they provide free education, without sacrificing quality education. They ensure parents that qualified professionals like teachers, therapists, and tutors are able to support my child's learning. The website is very user-friendly and easy to navigate. They take the users through a step-by-step process which may not overwhelm the parents when inquiring about this school. I also like how they provide easy communication with a parent or a teacher so that we may ask questions about certain difficulties we may be experiencing. The information presented were easy to understand and comprehend. The FAQ section included a variety of questions that every parent have thought about in the past. This section is truly helpful in navigating through the whole process education.

As a parent, I wouldn't pick Ohio Virtual Academy as an option for my child's education. Compared to the other websites, Ohio Virtual Academy does not offer much options in communicating their goals and philosophies for education. I believe that their website needs more work in appealing to a range of audience. In addition, their website does not seem to convince parents that their school is up to par in quality education.  I feel that their website was lacking information that was crucial in being able to decide for an option. This website could elaborate more on the important topics that parents may need to know. They can also include trending topics that concerns the education of children in today's system. The FAQ section was not as helpful as the other ones. They can add more questions that may be useful for users. The format of their website were not as user friendly compared to the other options, and that the flow and direction of the website did not also appeal to the general public.

No comments:

Post a Comment