Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Welcome to my Blog

Welcome fellow bloggers, teachers, classmates, and friends!

My name is Lauren Canlas, I'm 26 years old, and I am currently a senior at Otterbein University. I am studying Early Childhood Education, and specializing in Intervention. This fall, I am going to begin my student teaching experience and I am very excited to begin my journey into teaching. 

The best way for me to de-stress is to go for a long run. I absolutely love running because it helps me clear my mind, especially on stressful school weeks. I also love cooking for my family and I love watching The Food Network. Traveling is also one of my passions, and I enjoy meeting new people and seeing new places. Lastly, but most importantly, I LOVE books. Especially children's literature. There is so much life in these books, and I believe that children pick up so much life lessons through reading books. 


Ever since I was a little kid, I have always wanted to become a teacher. This is my passion. This is my dream. Being in a classroom makes me very happy because I feel like it is where I truly belong. I guess you can say that it runs in my family. It started from my grandmother, seven aunts, three sisters, my mother, and father, who have all been a teacher at one point in their lives (most are still teaching presently.) So yes, maybe part of it is the "teaching gene," so to speak, but I believe that I am wired to become a teacher. I feed off the energy from the children, and am able to grow and learn from them. In the near future, I would like to make a difference in our education system. I would like to help children become better readers, thinkers, analyzers, and speakers. I believe that this is a challenge for the near future. My journey has just begun, and I cannot wait to see what the future has to offer!





No comments:

Post a Comment